Episode Artwork now available for iOS 17 in Apple Podcasts Having your podcast available on Apple Podcasts is essential for reaching a broad and engaged audience.
- Apple Podcasts is one of the most popular podcast platforms globally, boasting millions of active users. By listing your podcast there, you gain visibility and accessibility to a vast pool of potential listeners who trust the platform for quality content. Additionally, Apple Podcasts provides valuable analytics and user reviews that can help you improve your podcast’s content and grow your audience further.
- Being present on Apple Podcasts not only enhances your podcast’s discoverability but also establishes credibility within the podcasting community. Therefore, if you want your podcast to have a significant impact and connect with a diverse and dedicated audience, Apple Podcasts is a must-have platform.
Episode artwork appears on devices with iOS 17 or later on the Now Playing screen and Queue; the Lock Screen and Control Center; in Up Next on Listen Now; on show and episode pages; and through link previews in other apps, including Messages, Mail, and on social media platforms. This artwork is optional but is a great way to highlight the episode’s content or guests while drawing in listeners with additional visual interest. When episode artwork is not supplied, Apple Podcasts will continue to display show artwork. Apple Podcasts will also default to show artwork when multiple shows are presented together to help orient listeners. Creators can publish episode artwork via RSS using their third-party hosting provider. For subscriber episodes, it can be uploaded in Apple Podcasts Connect. Guidelines
- Give your episode artwork a distinct visual branding separate from your show and channel artwork. Do not use your show cover as episode art.
- Episode titles are displayed in the UI under the artwork so avoid repeating the episode title in episode art.
- The episode art and show art are often displayed together, so listeners can see which show published the episode.
- Keep all essential design elements within the Art Safe Area. Anything placed outside of the Art Safe Area is subject to cropping and or UI overlays.
- Avoid placing essential design elements where the Safe Area and UI areas intersect.
- Note that the UI text color will default to white. Use a background color that allows white UI text to be legible.
Use CANVA to create amazing podcast artwork for free! Thanks so much for listening, I really appreciate it so much. If you need any help with your podcast, feel free to reach out. My email is email@example.com