How To Become World Famous
Written by #HeliumRadio on August 9, 2017
As Helium Radio grows naturally through its listenership, so too will the shows on our network. Our current show hosts obtain the majority of their exposure through downloads. We’re more than a podcast repository; we air all types of shows. Our goal is to bring people along for the ride as they enhance their business with radio. It’s making an incredible comeback. Go google it! The view from the top is exquisite. For that exact reason, we’re writing a blog to explain how you can become world famous with Helium Radio!
Let’s break it down…
There are two main routes to choose when it comes to your current or future show. Either way, experience and/or expertise are not necessary. That’s our job—to make you shine and sound professional. You can host your own show or syndicate on our network. To syndicate means your current radio show is being broadcasted on other networks and you wish to air it on our network as well. The only part we made standard across the board is the setup. For a one-time fee of $199, we include one hour of training/coaching.
OPTION 1: Hosting Your Own Show
Hosting your own show can be handled one of two ways. We have hosts who do both; it depends on your needs. You can broadcast live or pre-record in advance. Whether live or recorded, we charge a flat $75 per hour. This fee includes editing, pre and post production. You’ll have the ability to broadcast on the day and time of your choice. Lastly and most importantly, our show time window provides a strict 60 minutes of air time. We must be respectful to the show hosts before and after your show!
Once you have one radio show completed, you need to store it on our server. This enables you to keep a following. In case any listeners missed the broadcast, they’ll be able to directly download your podcast. Of course, you don’t have to go with this option, but don’t you want to grow your audience? Podcast monthly storage is required if and only if you want us to keep your podcasts on our website.
Monthly Podcast Storage + Perks
The monthly storage is based on new shows uploaded to our network each month. Four simple options let you choose where you want to be:
- 250MB of storage for $15/month
- 400MB of storage for $40/month
- 750MB of storage for $55/month
- 1.5GB of storage for $75/month
Each plan automatically includes your monthly storage space on our protected and backed up servers. You have your own podcast web page on HeliumRadio.com. We create a podcast RSS feed for your show and provide monthly statistics for your show.
Terms and Conditions
- We charge $50 per hour for production of a live show and $25 per hour for a recorded show.
- Our rate for live shows includes our audio engineer’s assistance, the cost for 60 minutes of air-time and to record your show. (Before marketing your podcast, our team can professional edit your 60-minute long podcast for an additional $25 per hour).
- You also have the option to take a previously-recorded podcast and air it on our network. (Your file must be edited and suitable for broadcasting—clean, edited, professional quality audio that has royalty free music or no music inserted and, lastly, any advertising has been removed.
OPTION 2: Syndicate On Our Network
This second option is perfect for existing radio show hosts who wish to expand their current marketing efforts. Ted Hicks of Late Night Parents and Neil Haley of the Total Education Network are great examples. They syndicate their existing show across the Helium Radio Network. We offer the same storage plans as mentioned above. Podcast monthly storage is required if and only if you want us to send to our syndication network.
By syndicating, you have more possibilities when it comes to distributing your audio content. If you take part in all the distribution possibilities, your podcasts will be exported to iTunes, Spreaker, SoundCloud and MixCloud.
Terms and Conditions
- Syndication rates are $25 per hour and must be suitable for broadcasting—clean, edited, professional quality audio that has royalty-free music or no music inserted and, lastly, any advertising has been removed.
- If it needs editing, our team can edit it at the additional rate of $25 per hour.
- Storage on our website and analytics are not included in the $25 per hour. If you wish to include both, please see the monthly podcasting storage plans above.
SECRET OPTION 3: Go À La Carte!
Go for orange if you or your business falls in between syndication and a live or recorded show. Tell us what services you need and we’ll make it happen!
- Host / Show Training: $25 / hour
- Audio Editing: $25 / hour
- Audio Recording: $25 / hour
- Analytics and Reports: $25 / hour
- File Storage and Syndication: (same as above)
- Broadcasting and Air Time: $25 / hour
Either way you fly, you can start quickly. More often than not, your own show can be up and running in 2 weeks! From the start, you’ll be broadcasted out to millions of listeners worldwide. Fire off an email to us if we can be of assistance along your podcasting journey! >>> firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your attention!