#18: Conference Finals are SET! The Final 4 Preview
In this episode we'll recap how the 2nd round finished, with some amazing game 7s! We preview the conference finals matchups (got a sneak peak at Game1 between Clippers and Suns).
Elimination Game Recap
- Clippers erase a 25 point second half deficit in game 6 to advance to WCF and win 4 straight games against Jazz (2 without Kawhi!).
- Terrance Mann showed up! Had 10 of the first 12 Clippers points, and then continued to show out. Finished with 39 on 15 of 21 shooting! Paul George finishes with 28, 9 boards, and 7 dimes and Reggie Jackson also came through with 27 and 10 dimes.
- 39, 9, and 9 for Donovan Mitchell on 12-27 shooting. All of Jordan Clarkson's 21 points came in the 2nd quarter, where at one point he scored 17 straight points.
- Bucks win a road game 7 in classic bout with Brooklyn in OT.
- KD plays all 53 minutes, dropping 48 points (including incredible fadeaway foot on the line game tying bucket to force OT with 1 second left) 9 boards, and 6 dimes.
- Nets had 0 bench FG attempted, and finished with 0 points. Only played Jeff Green (13 mins) and Landry Shamet (7 mins)
- Giannis counters with 40 and 13 boards of his own to overcome poor (but timely) shooting from Khris Middleton and Jrue Holiday (36 points on 14-49, 29%, combined).
- Hawks stun Sixers on road (3rd time this series) in game 7 to send the city of Philly in downward spiral
- Trae Young struggles shooting again (5-23) but finishes with 21 and 10 dimes. Kevin Huerter played huge, dropping 27 and 7 boards on 10-18 shooting and a bunch of and-one jumpshots.
- 31 and 11 boards for Embiid, but the 8 turnovers hurt. Ben Simmons only was 2-4, even passing on a wide open dunk attempt late in 4th quarter and Seth Curry's foul trouble as well as Huerter killing him forced Doc Rivers to limit Curry's minutes.
Game 1 of WCF (Suns vs. Clippers)
- No CP3 (Covid protocol) or Kawhi (knee sprain), but this one was a classic. Devin Booker and Paul George where going at in first 3 quarters, each having 30+ by the time the 4th quarter started.
- Devin Booker continued hot stretch, finishing with his first career (regular and post season) triple double, dropping 40, 13 boards, and 11 dimes.
- Marcus Morris injury caused a lineup change, and though Clippers fought to the end, are they healthy enough to make this a series?
We recap the 2021 Bracket Challenge, where a LOT of conference final brackets are shot, but there are a few contenders left for a FREE Dub's Diaries or Sims's Stats shirt!
Let us know your thoughts at email@example.com or on Instagram @in_n_outpodcast and catch y'all next week!